UK-Russia Market Opportunities Seminar
Date: 26 Oct 11Address: CB Richard Ellis, Henrietta House, Henrietta Place , London
Keynote speaker: The Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills
Business dealings between Russian and British companies have been growing steadily. Russian companies are leading investors in London and are responsible for the lion’s share of foreign IPOs. The continuation of this cooperation is highlighted by the recent visit of David Cameron to Moscow in September to hold intergovernmental discussions. But there is still a great deal of potential to expand this cooperation.
The seminar aimed not only to discuss practical solutions to potential hurdles when it comes down to doing business on the Russian turf, but also to highlight success stories of British companies doing business in Russia. The seminar covered a range of industries and provided concrete information as to the support that governments are providing to SMEs.
This event was kindly organized by London Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Other speakers included:
- Peter Bishop, Deputy Chief Executive, LCCI
- Jon Edwards, Deputy Head of Primary Markets – Emerging Markets, London Stock Exchange
- Gerard Baltazar, Chairman and CEO, In2Matrix
- Alex Bertolotti, Partner – Head PwC Russia Business Desk, PwC
- Justin Berry, Senior Director, Central London Capital Markets, CBRE
- Chris Parsons, International Trade Adviser, UK Trade and Investment London
- Trevor Barton, Board Member, Russo-British Chamber of Commerce