Development of Otradninskoe gas condensate field
- Lensky region of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia)
- Otradninskoe gas condensate field is situated in Lensky region of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia) 65 km north-west of the town of Lensk and in proximate vicinity to the propsed gas pipeline Chaynda-Khabarovsk-Vladivostok.
Aim of the project:
- development of Otradninskoe GCF and supply of consumers in the town of Lensk, Sakha Republic (Yakutia), with natural gas; increase in natural gas balance reserves.
- Gas stocks – С1-939 million m3, С2-5 400 million m3.
- Forecast resources – Д1-39 018 million m3, С3-49 971 million m3
- Stage 1 of the project will result in :
- development of transport and electric power infrastructure, gasification of the town of Lensk;
- increased power and industrial safety of western region of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia).
- In middle-term perspective:
- eliminated local nature of the regional gas supply system;
- ensured export of gas;
- achievement of the task to fill the export gas pipeline.
Volume of investment
- RUR 12,980 m in 2010 prices ($ 457 m)
- There is an airport, operating all the year round and able to accept almost all types of cargo planes; a large river port. Materials and equipment are delivered by railway to Lena station, then by water transport along the Lena River to the town of Lensk. From Lensk cargoes are delivered by motor transport along Lensk – Mirny motorway. Electric power supply of Lensky region comes from two HVL-110 kV Mirny-Lensk.
- In close proximity to the field there is a a pipeline system East Siberia – Pacific Ocean. It is planned to construct a major gas pipeline Chayanda – Khabarovsk – Vladivostok on route Chayanda – Lensk – Olyokminsk – Aldan – Berkakit – Tynda – Skovorodino – Blagoveschensk – Khabarovsk-Vladivostok (along ESPO).
- There are equipped fileds of commonly occuring mineral resources (mines).
- HVL 220 kV Chernyshevsky - Mirny - Lensk - Peledui (double-curcuit) and VILYUI federal motorway on route Mirny - Lensk – Peledui – Vitim – Nepa – Ust-Kut are under construction.
- Not required
Cost of project
- Capital investment, RUR m, - 12 980 including:
- Improvement - 3 960
- Purchase of OOO Lensk-Gaz - 3 500
- Exploitation drilling - 2 160
- Prospect drilling - 1 560
- Gas pipeline - 1 485
- 2011 – 2015
- RUR 3,079 m (not considering connecting in 2016)
- Basic payback period 15.5 years, discounted payback period – 29.5 years
- Consumers of Lensk, gas supplies to the designed major gas pipeline Chayanda – Khabarovsk - Vladivistok.
- Purchase of OOO Lensk-Gaz; the field development to annual production capacity of 1,000 m cub.m.
- Stage 1 design estimates (gasification of the town of Lensk) – there is a justification of economic efficiency of developing Otradninskoe field resource potential.
CEO of an organization implementing the project
- Ivan Konstantinovich MAKAROV, General Director, OAO Sakhatransneftegaz