Construction of Yakutsk gas processing and gas-chemical complex (business idea)
- Lensky region, Sakha Republic (Yakutia)
- Government of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia),
- OAO Southern Yakutia Development Corporation
- Launching of gas processing enterprises producing synthetic hydrocarbon products.
- Capital investment for construction of the gas processing and gas chemical complex are to cover costs of
- purchasing gas processing equipment,
- helium liquefaction,
- ethylene processing,
- light hydrocarbon wide fractions processing,
- construction of underground helium storage,
- stationary installations for liquid helium storage,
- compressor stations for pumping helium into storage and methane feed from the complex into the trunk.
Annual marketable products production volume:
- methane – 16.9 bn cub.m.,
- helium – 11.6 mn l,
- polypropylene – 330.0 ths tons,
- butane – 200.0 ths tons,
- stable gasoline (fraction С5+) – 110.1 ths tons,
- low density polyethylene – 295.1 ths tons,
- high density polyethylene – 177.1 ths tons,
- low density linear polyethylene – 295.1 ths tons.
Volume of investment
- RUR 35150 m ($ 1237,7 million) (reviewed by “Justification of investments into development of Chayanda field, gas transportation and processing”, to be complete by July 2011).
- At Talakan field (in immediate vicinity to Chayanda GCF) there is a gas turbine station owned by OAO Surgutneftegaz. It is possible to use its facilities for power supply of Chayanda GCF facilties.
- From river berths in settlements of Vitim and Peledui there is a concrete motorway to Talakan GCF (which is in immediate vicinity to Chayanda field), owned by OAO Surgutneftegaz.
- Route of “Chayanda-Khabarovsk-Vladivostok” main gas pipeline.
- “Chayanda - Lensk – Olyokmonsk – Aldan – Berkakit – Tynda – Skovorodino – Blagoveschensk – Khabarovsk – Vladivostok” (along ESPO).
- Electrical power is supplied to Lensk region by two HVL-110 kV Mirny-Lensk.
- Developed deposits of widespread mineral resources (pits) are available, as well as HVL-220 kV “Suntar-Olyokminsk” and HVL-220 kV Neryungri Regional Power Station – Nizhny Kuranakh – Tommot – Maya – ESPO service drives.
- Under construction are HVL 220 kV “Chernyshevsky – Mirny – Lensk – Peledui (double circuit)” and VILYUI federal motorway on route Mirny – Lensk – Peledui – Vitim – Nepa – Ust-Kut.
- Construction of railway Lena station – Nepa – Vitim – Lensk is needed.
- Construction of power and transport infrastructure:
Cost of project
- RUR 35150 m
- RUR 24 050 m
- 10 years
- Responding to growing demand for polymer products in Russia, entering high-capacity polyethylene market on the US Pacific coast and rapidly growing East and South-East Asian markets, helium exports to the Asian-Pacific countires.
- Partnership as a strategic partner with a share in charter capital.
- Project financing.
- Establishment of long-term of syndicated loans.
- A part of Integrated Development of Southern Yakutia project;
- feasibility report available.
- “Justification of investments into development of Chayanda field, gas transportation and processing”
- (to be complete in III quarter of 2011) being worked out.
CEO of an organization implementing the project
- Mikhail Lvovich BRUK, General Director, OAO “Southern Yakutia Development Corporation”(SYDC)